Benefits of SMW Membership
- SMW is a member of the League of American Bicyclists (LAB), an organization which promotes cycling for fun, fitness, and transportation through advocacy and education. As a member of LAB, we participate in their insurance benefits program. Every member of the Smoky Mountain Wheelmen Bicycle Club who has 1) paid their annual dues and 2) submitted their annual signed club waiver form receives general liability and participant accident medical coverage when they participate in a club organized event, or ride lead by an SMW Ride Leader. Club rides are posted on the club calendar and approved by the Ride Captain or Assistant.
- Rides labeled “shop rides” and rides posted on the Smoky Mountain Wheelmen website as “other rides”, “social rides” or Facebook page are provided as a community service and are not covered under the club’s insurance policy
- Single membership dues are $25/year and family membership dues are $30/year. Download a copy of the membership packet and mail it in with your dues. SMW Membership Packet
- Learn about some of the best bicycling routes in the area
- Ride with others that share your interest
- Get up-to-date cycling information at the meeting from the speakers
- Get tips and advice from experienced Cyclists
- Improve your cycling and maintenance skills
- Cycle, Socialize, Volunteer, Advocate with others
- Members are recognized for Awards they have earned at the December meeting
- December is our Christmas banquet and awards night
- Participate with others in century rides, and multi-day rides.
Develop a friendship with others that share your interest that can last a lifetime. Get involved with our cycling club become a member of one of the best and the oldest cycling club in the area.